MB-650-OS Offset Jaw
Made in the U.S.A.
· Target Species: Coyote and bobcat.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 6 1/8”
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 6 ½”
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 6”
· Jaw Offset is ¼”
· Pan dimensions: 3” x 3”
· Chain: 7.5” of MB #3 Straight Link (9 total links)
· Swivels:2 MB Crunch Proof Swivels. One off baseplate & one at end of chain
· Total Chain Length: 10.5” including swivels
· Weight: 2.6 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great coyote and bobcat trap.
The MB-650 is heavy-duty from top to bottom and comes with 1/4" offset jaws and a 6 1/8" inside jaw spread. This custom-made trap is 4-coiled, baseplated, center swiveled and has an extra heavy-duty oversize pan which provides for a huge kill area. The pan tension is adjustable with a #10 pan bolt. Both heavy jaws are held down by a special trigger system which will keep any animal from flipping up a loose jaw. The dog has a "step-down" notch milled into it that gives you an audible click when you are lowering the pan. We've of course installed our MB Crunch Proof Swivels and heavy duty American made chain. Available in six jaw configurations to fit your needs. The MB-650 has a unique spring and lever system which is all one piece. All MB-650’s have an offset jaw and are 4-coiled.
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.