Scot Dahms' "E.J. Dailey
The Last Adirdondack Trapper 1889 - 1973" Book is a great read.
This 300 page book was written in 2018 and is filled with historical black and white photos.
1. The Man Family; Life
2. The Trapper Knowledge; The Dirt Hole Set
3. The Traplines Solitary; Spot Trapper; Johnny Sneakem; St. Lawrence County Beaver; Bear
4. Dick Wood and Cold River Influence; Cabin Life; Too Much Snow; Safety
5. Other Partners Ned Fisher; Jack Harper; Ray Waite; Edgar Altemus; Dune Burrows; “Frenchy” Madill; Vaughn Tingley; Jimmy Cox; Ansil “Dutch” Dailey; Hank McDonald; Gene Rheaume
6. Other Trappers Harry Phyffe; Les Hammond; Johnny Raquette; Milke Brothers; Eddie Keith; Glenn Rowe; Vernon O. Bailey; Donald Jack Anderson
7. The Professor Schools in Session; Personal Trapping Instructions; Question Box Editor; Dalton Eddy; Bob Johnson; Alfred Gordon; Bill Gokey; Keith Landies; John Rockwood
8. The Businessman Business as Usual; Photography; Field Specialist; Trapper for Hire; Leslie E. Smith; Lure; Sales Tax
9. The Conservationist Importance; Poison; Gibbs; Red Fox
10. The Leader American Trappers Association; Bounties; Stocking; Pacific Coast; Robert S. Oaks; Pennsylvania Trappers Association; New York State Trappers Association
11. The Anti-Steel Trap League and “Rich Fox and Raccoon Hunters” Opposition; South Carolina; Georgia; Massachusetts; California; New Jersey; New Hampshire; Arkansas; Wisconsin; Maryland; Ohio; Kentucky; Missouri
12. Evolution of the Legend
296 pages, paperback
E.J. Dailey was a trapper who lived in St. Lawrence County close to the Adirondack Mountains in New York State. During his life, E.J. was widely recognized as the foremost trapping expert. This book features reminiscences of him as a family man, trapper, partner, businessman, conservationist, professor and leader.