Dogless Bridger #3 Offset – 4 coil
· Target Species: coyote and bobcat.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 6 1/16”
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 6 7/16”
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 6”
· Pan dimensions: 2 ¼” x 4 ¾”
· Chain: 10” of #3 Chain (12 total links)
· Swivels: 2 Heavy Duty Swivels. One off baseplate & one at end of chain
· Total Chain Length: 13 1/4” including swivel
· Weight: 2.50 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great trap for coyote and bobcat.
Bridger #3 Dogless 4 coil. Fully adjustable pan tension . Pan level is adjustable by a bolt/nut on the frame. Step down night latch incorporated into the pan gives you an audible click as it locks into place. Heavy duty swivels. Base plated with center located D-Ring. Heavy duty over-sized pan. Perfect for bobcat and coyote.
The 4 coil offset jaw model has a 6 1/16" inside jaw spread and a 6 7/16" outside jaw spread.
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.
What is the difference between a 2-coil or 4-coil trap?
A 2-coil trap has a pair of main springs on the same side as the dog. A 4-coil trap has a second pair of springs on the opposite side as the dog. Typically, most 4-coil springs are smaller in size than the main springs.