Bridger #5 Laminated Regular Jaw
· Target Species: otter, beaver, wolf and cougar.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 7 ¼”
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 7 11/16”
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 7 3/8”
· Pan dimensions: 3” x 3 ¾”
· Chain: 8 ½” of #5 Chain (10 total links)
· Swivels: 2 Heavy Duty Swivels. One off baseplate & one at end of chain
· Total Chain Length: 12” including swivel
· Weight: 3.69 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great trap for otter, beaver, wolf and cougar.
New and Improved! We have taken a very good trap and made it much, much better. The new Bridger #5 coilspring has heavier swivels, a much thicker heavy duty dog with a night latch, a “spring keeper” to keep the 4-coil springs where they should be, a steel spacer between the pan posts to allow you to tighten the pan tension to your desired level, and a plated bolt with nylon lock nut to keep your pan tension where you want it catch after catch. 7 ¼” jaw spread. Four coiled for otter, beaver, wolf, and lion. Laminated with 1/4" rod. A Best Seller!
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.
What is the difference between a 2-coil or 4-coil trap?
A 2-coil trap has a pair of main springs on the same side as the dog. A 4-coil trap has a second pair of springs on the opposite side as the dog. Typically, most 4-coil springs are smaller in size than the main springs.