Bridger #5 Alaskan Modified Laminated Offset Jaw
· Target Species: otter, beaver, wolf and cougar.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 7 ¼
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 7 11/16
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 7 3/8
· Pan dimensions: 3 x 3 ¾
· Chain: 8 ½ of #5 Chain (10 total links)
· Swivels: 1 Wolf Swivel off baseplate 1 Heavy Duty Swivel at end of chain
· Total Chain Length: 12 3/4 including swivels
· Weight: 4.16 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great trap for otter, beaver, wolf and cougar.
New and Improved! We have taken a very good trap and made it much, much better. The new Bridger #5 coilspring has heavier swivels, a much thicker heavy duty dog with a night latch, a spring keeper to keep the 4-coil springs where they should be, a steel spacer between the pan posts to allow you to tighten the pan tension to your desired level, and a plated bolt with nylon lock nut to keep your pan tension where you want it catch after catch. 7 ¼ jaw spread. Four coiled for otter, beaver, wolf, and lion. Laminated 1/4 offset jaws, wolf swivel, 4 heavy duty main springs, brace across spring pin, welded base plate. A Best Seller!
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.