Bridger #3 Regular Jaw Modified
· Target Species: coyote and bobcat.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 6 1/16”
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 6 11/16”
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 6 3/8”
· Pan dimensions: 2 1/8” x 3”
· Chain: 9 ¾” of #3 Chain (12 total links)
· Swivels: 2 Heavy Duty Swivels. One off baseplate & one at end of chain
· Total Chain Length: 13 1/4” including swivel
· Weight: 2.89 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great trap for coyote and bobcat.
The Bridger #3 Regular Jaw Modified trap is laminated on the top side with 3/16" round rod, four coiled, baseplated with center D Ring and equipped with good chain and heavy swivels. Lamination wraps over the corners of the trap. Inside Jaw Spread is 6 1/16" and Outside Jaw Spread is 6 11/16"
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.
What is the difference between a 2-coil or 4-coil trap?
A 2-coil trap has a pair of main springs on the same side as the dog. A 4-coil trap has a second pair of springs on the opposite side as the dog. Typically, most 4-coil springs are smaller in size than the main springs.