Bridger #1 1/2 "Special" Coilspring - (Regular jaw)
· Target Species: fox, raccoon, fisher, marten, nutria, opossum, skunk.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 4 ¾”
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 5”
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 4 7/8”
· Pan dimensions: 1 ¾” x 2 ½”
· Chain: 9 ¾” of #2 Chain (12 total links)
· Swivels: One heavy duty swivel at end of trap chain
· Total Chain Length: 12” including swivel
· Weight: 1.75 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great trap for fox, raccoon, fisher, marten, nutria, opossum, skunk.
Bridger #1 1/2 "Special" Coilspring - (Regular jaw). In the past there were issues for some trappers with the original Bridger # 1 1/2 coils not holding raccoons satisfactorily in water sets. The improved # 1 1/2 Bridger "Special" has newly designed positive locking jaws and levers, heavier swivels, better chain, and music wire springs and a night latch pan system. We continue to stock the original design # 1 1/2 Bridger Coilspring in the offset jaws. Chain is attached with a j-hook on the side of the trap.
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.
What is the difference between a 2-coil or 4-coil trap?
A 2-coil trap has a pair of main springs on the same side as the dog. A 4-coil trap has a second pair of springs on the opposite side as the dog. Typically, most 4-coil springs are smaller in size than the main springs.