Bridger #1 1/2 Coilspring - (Offset jaw)
· Target Species: fox, raccoon, fisher, marten, nutria, opossum, skunk.
· Inside Jaw Spread: 4 13/16
· Outside Jaw Spread (top to bottom): 5 3/16
· Outside Jaw Spread (lever to lever): 4 7/8
· Pan dimensions: 1 Ύ x 2 ½
· Chain: 9 Ύ of #2 Chain (12 total links)
· Swivels: One heavy duty swivel at end of trap chain
· Total Chain Length: 12 including swivel
· Weight: 1.29 pounds
MTP Recommendation: Great trap for fox, raccoon, fisher, marten, nutria, opossum, skunk.
Bridger #1 1/2 Coilspring - An extremely well built trap at a bargain price! A great choice for fox that will still hold the occasional coyote that comes along. Double posted pan and night latch dog. Thick jaws, heavy base, high levers, locknut, and 12 of machine chain with swivel on end. Chain is attached with a j-hook on the side of the trap.
What is the difference between a regular and offset jaw?
When the trap is in the fired position and you are looking straight down on the trap if the jaws touch together it is a regular or closed jaw trap. If there is a gap where the jaws meet that is called an offset jaw trap.
What is the difference between a 2-coil or 4-coil trap?
A 2-coil trap has a pair of main springs on the same side as the dog. A 4-coil trap has a second pair of springs on the opposite side as the dog. Typically, most 4-coil springs are smaller in size than the main springs.